Last week we practiced adding the ink to our shell drawings to make them look more 3-dimensional and life like. I used black India ink and strongly brewed coffee for my 2 colors. The coffee came out a really warm light brown which contrasted nicely with the black and greys from the india ink.
I was glad that we got to practice with the ink because it is a very different medium than drawing with charcoal and it was difficult to get used to. It was also interesting to work on a vertical surface, which of course, made the ink and the water roll down the page. I liked this effect and the movement it gave the shell.
It got kind of frusterating when I tried to darked spot and if it was too wet, the spot actually became lighter instead. Once I got used to the process, it was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to doing the next one.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment